Sunday, October 21, 2012

Question my Faith in us.

I don't want to mess up your good day. But I'm starting to question my faith In us.
I don't know if you love me just yet, so I think I'd like to take it slow for now.
I'm not here to rain on your good day. I just wanted to tell you that I love you but its hurts. Yeah.
And I don't want to love you if it means I'll loose myself & my life, ooh noo.!
I'd rather stay single then to deal with you, your hurt & pain. You may not understand but you must know Its a girl thang.
Yeah, its a girl thang. I would expect you to not understand because your not made of sugar & spice & everything nice.
But heres the thing. Neither am I. I'm more like old spice slapped onto my daddy wrist. The night he went to visit my momma the night I was conceived.
I'm like failed Birth control pills & $200 for an abortion that my momma didn't get because my big brother needed some new kicks.
I'm like shots of wisky on my daddy's breath the night he left me & my momma on my granny's steps.
I'm like beaten & abducted women. So its easy for me to love you because my daddy never loved me. So i guess I'm just easy.
Easy not to fall in love with.
I didn't come to rain on your good day but I'm starting to question my faith in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment