Sunday, October 14, 2012

If Time Turned back.

I want times to go back how they were when I was like 5-6 Years old. People wore over all's & busted kicks. & every one came to Granny's house for an important event.
I want times to go back where all the women worked spiked hair like fantasia & all the kids on the block played "Dirty Face Monster."
When us kids ran from the porch to the green light Pole being sure to not pass from in front of the house, around the light pole & back to the porch. All in the name of trying to not get tagged in a game of IT.
I wish time would go back to when I couldn't go to the corner store without my big cousin being with me. Those times let me know people actually cared about me even if it may have seemed like then they were being mean.
If time just turned back far enough to let the Ice Cream truck roll on the block one last time, I'd stand in the kitchen at 14 years old jumping up & down begging momma to go give me a dollar so i could get a vanilla cone with extra sprinkles even thought she's in the middle of cooking dinner.
If time passed back, I'd have another day of being God's BestFriend like I was when I was 7. Up on time every sunday morning, Dressed, sitting on the couch & holding my grandmothers bible in my lap as she walked into the living room asking "Brown, which earrings should I wear? The gold hoops if the silver ones?"
Me pointing up at the silver ones but her putting on the gold instead. I wish times were much simpler,
Like Where I didn't care if I had on jogging pants & a kool aid stain on my T-Shirt. I just wanted to go outside & play. Where Barney made me happy. And when my heart didn't get involved with a relationship.
And i wish I could still take a nap in the same bed with my male BestFriend without people thinking sex was involved.
I wish I was a little kid again. Maybe I'd be much happier.

1 comment: