Friday, October 26, 2012

Dear 40 Year Old Jazz,

I hope the world knows your name. I hope you have a book in every library across the world. And I hope that your not afraid to take risks anymore.
High school was ok but, it wasn't made for you. You may have passed your reading class but you failed at being normal. Thats ok, you're cool anyway.
In high school you may have worried a little too much about your past to plan your future, thats probably why you do things last minute now but, its ok. Your still successful.
I know it's crazy now, but back then it was different because around the time you started High school you still couldn't get married in ALL 50 states because you like the same gender. Are you married now? Where did you get married?
You've helped create change in yourself and the world by standing up not only to bullies but standing up to yourself as well. You gave yourself permission to to live your best life. You created change by becoming one less scared soul afraid of living. Your now another survivor.
40 year old self, I hope your happy with yourself. I hope you have 2kids and I hope everyone knows your name.
I hope that the WORLD remembers your legacy and carry it on for years to come.
Dear 40 year old me,
I'm PROUD of YOU.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment