Monday, March 19, 2012

How alive is Racism?


Janet Jackson tweets this picture of a doll she was given on tour and the whole world even myself could tell that Miss.Jackson was trynna say that, that doll was a joke being made of black people. The tweet may not say much but it says ALOT in so little words. I think Janet wants to say ‘Its a crock of crap,’ but dosen’t so she asked how we feel so we could say it for her, with her keeping in mind she has a rep to maintain.
“During the tour, I was given this doll named Maria. She was advertised as lifelike. How does Maria make you feel?”-Janet Jackson
I felt that this doll was a joke being made of Black people and was a racial thing on the slick side, I believe my library teacher would shoot through the roof if she were to see this doll AND fully understand what janet’s tweet was trying to say but dosent really say. I just thought I was the ONLY one looking at this twice and realizing this COULD be a racist thing. Well, IDK. Until we hear how Miss.Jackson really feels we will never know the truth of what that tweet ment.
On the other hand Twitter is EXPLODING with anger & confusion about the doll, even all of the Janet fan pages my account is linked to is fired up about this doll & we are all dieing to know what Janet really thinks.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this entry. I certainly wasn't thinking about these things when I was your age. I am glad you are taking the time to think about them and spread the message that hatred is not ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this really was something that bothered me big time. I just had to speak up about it in some way. <3

    ReplyDelete