Friday, March 2, 2012

Breaking your Silence

By the time you read this you'll probably find me crisp from a burning broken heart. By the time you read this, you still won't know half of my sorrow. I speak of hopes for justice and peace for us all, but all I get is fights and ignorent people saying "I ain't seen nothing." Stop the cycle. Break your silence. Change a life. We need your help.
Until you open your mouth and say a word, don't you dare get mad cause the world isnt't going your way .
                  Rember it takes a village to raise a child, but in my tribe not many of us grow up cause not many adults step in. You ball so hard every "nigga" trynna find you, but did you give back to the poor? Who are we if we don't give back? Standing at the bus stop shorts pulled down, half your ass showing. Spitting and cursing.
                   Some bodys grand mother is sitting next to you. I know yours tought you better than that non sense. I think you don't even care. touching lives like Oprah. Walking out like a dead beat daddy. Your just another statistic. Fighting to be like your buddy and lost your voice in the mist. Your not your buddy your just his shadow.
                   As a little kid you once had a dream right? To be a cow boy or doctor right? Why you stop? At the sound of a gun shot your dreams shatter and your brother falls. You have no life you have nothing at all.
Mad at the world cause no on will speak up? You want justice? You want closure? Open your mouth. Break your silence. Change a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment