Sunday, December 2, 2012

More Than That

I'll write a book, i'll write a song. I'll even write a letter to the moon. I'll write how much I love you in the palms of my hands, grip your face & leave the ink prints as a reminder that whenever you smile, I smile & our smiles don't leave room for punctuation in the love letters we pass each other as if were loving in moires code.
I got you. I got you on my mind more than the 7,696 times my cousin thinks about ice cream in a day.
I got you wrapped in between 26 lines on this paper, blue inks & my finger tips.
And you might as well be apart of my face because my lips speak of you more than it counts the number of teeth in my mouth.
And my mouth waters every time you embrace me in your arms, I guess its my mouths way of crying Drools of Joy.
You. I'll hold you in my hands as if i'm holding my grandmothers bible on sunday mornings.
You, although you can never compare to the words of my God I still hold you up there like your the newest religion that may not all the way me True Religion but I still believe in you...and...me.
What if? What if you were that one Religion that everybody bowed down to & you told the truest truths anybody could tell, would still find time for me? Would you loose sight of me in the crowds of all of your followers, I refuse to be labeled "Apart of your flock" because I remember I held you close like my grandmothers bible & you held me closer. Gripping me by the shirt you refused to let go, so I refused to drop you.
I love you. I love you more than the 7,696 times my cousin loves ice cream in a day. I love you like I love myself but more.
And if this doesn't tell you any truth right now, I guess I'll just have to write you a book, or maybe put it in a love song, and I have no problem with shouting from the moon today, I LOVE YOU.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment