Friday, December 14, 2012

What hunger looks like

Hunger not only looks like the skinny population of minor countries. Hunger looks like me & you right now.
No one considers me. Everyone thinks because I live in a big city I got food at home. Uuuh no. I open my fridge & get angry. I got to wait till the first of the month like everybody else.
Man i ain't got no chicken. Ain't even no kool aide. Hungry looks like me. Naw you know what, hungry looks like a school full of kids asking the lunch ladies "What the hell is this?"
Hunger look like me & you. Hunger is the look on my face when i face a note book & a pen. I be thirsty to write.
I want to let my words slide from my brain, transform into saliva & dance on the cracks of my lips.
I want you to eat my words. Go ahead fill up, i wrote em just for you. Those kids will never go hungry cause I don't ever shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment