Friday, December 28, 2012

Lost This War

I saw my reflection in the mirror the other morning. I didn't like what I saw because I woke up crying over you.
That was the first time I had wished to go blind.
I didn't want to see the battle field you made of me because I wasn't protected properly.
Momma's words were no suit of armor for this war. They were more like secrete passage ways to hell! I was buried that day.
See momma be telling me let my heart breath a little, to say how I really feel.
But I guess momma be wrong this time & she got me crying. You didn't give a damn if I lived or died that day.
When I saw my reflection in that mirror i died that day & you didn't even come to my funereal.
6feet under I wasn't buried in kisses, best wishes & gold fishes.
I was buried in shot down dreams. Hands muffling my hearts screams. My beauty didn't live to dream.
Make up stood up & ran from my face. This type of oppression can lead to depression, why'd you ruin my faith in us?
Guess thats what I get for putting faith in a woman & not God.
I'm not sorry.
I'm not sorry cause I didn't die like a G, I trembled, but only God saw that shit.
You & me will never be meant to there is nothing left of us to piece back together.
There will never be an I with a You because it wouldn't make sense without a Verb in the middle.
I love you. No! More like I loved you. I Loved you until I couldn't see you.
I wished to go blind that morning.
Mommas words left me crying that morning.
I fought a war that night.
And I lost my sight that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment