Thursday, March 21, 2013

Queen or queen?

It feels kind of like I'm always picking my life up off my bed room floor
Forcing myself to give a fuck
Every day.

My past is hard
To erase when I live in a hood when the color of your hood can either mean your a blood

Ready to draw blood from the sound off of your trigger.
Or maybe you're a Crip,

Getting ready to cripple to the
Dreams a mother had for
Her son before you jumped him
Into your gang.

He didn't choose the streets he said,
The streets chose him.

Much like how America chose us
To be the Kings & Queens of
Our today;

instead we dress like Raped prostitutes, not worthy to have our feet bowed to because

our minds aren't strong enough to withstand the values of the capital "Q" that holds a Queens crown.

Kings are who we're suppose to be
Dreaming of saving us, not little server boys.

Girls like me have become accustomed to life's Off the floor apologies from our

Father's that we've learned
To just fold those emotions
And put them in our pockets
Like old skool "Do you like me? Check Yes or No" notes before we had Sex-messages & fuck books.

Before we all "Started from the bottom"

we all lived at the tops of all things great like our God's heart.
We never stopped to praise
Him instead we just appraise
Him, checking for his value & what
We can get out of using
Him today.

There is no way I can tell my
Daughter that Mommy lived
By picking her life up off her
Bed room floor everyday.

So, I'd feel like a fool
Allowing my child to clime into
Bed every night not knowing
That if she ever found her
Mirror to be unfamiliar to her
That she don't have to get
Validation from some boy's sheets. She can just ask mommy
About the sound of
Her first heart beats.

Beats the sounded like
Finger tips tripping over
drums when servants bowed
At a Queen's feet.
She'll know, she's worthy of
Being loved without taking her
Clothes off, or having to
Shadow her face with pounds
Of make up.

Rihanna called it Cake. But this you can't eat it.
You call me conceded, but I just refuse
To be another girl that's
Defeated.

So, I continue to pick
myself up off of my
bed room floor, dust me off &
Put on my crown because a Queen
Is never to be seen down.

No comments:

Post a Comment