Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Apologies of Sins

You rub my hearts bruises with
tear drop scented lotion
and the other scent you force out of your mouth in apologies.
Accented with dead ends and
Empty tunnels with serpents
hollering for hallelujah searching for
Forgiveness in tear ducts made into oceans & children searching for
Love in hollow the chest Of their Father & some cases their mother.

Someday's I'm afraid to sin because I'm afraid I may never wake up to get on my knees and repent again.
Could my Grand-Mother have wanted me to avoid this fear so; she told me to pray
at night?

Could my hearts bruises be the product of a Full house but a empty home? Could the cost of my tears be deducted at the registration of your face at my eye lids cash register,
With your beauty; no change is given.

No need to make empty promises with my mouth when my arms stretch marks symbolize generations of truths, love stories & and heart rejected apologies
Because the only reason my generation offers apologies is
Because we're sorry we got caught
acting less than the kings &
Queens our shipped Grand-Parents birthed our parents to make us out to be.

To be or, not to be
Maybe by tear drop lotion bruised heart
Got accented with a bit to many apologies.
You still forcing apologies out of your mouth only making
My arms stretch marks scream like serpents in hollow tunnels, much like how I scream every night
Looking for the warmest place of my fathers heart.

Eventually I get tired of looking. And realize that much like this weather, its always cold.

Often forgetting to forgive I'm
Always quick to never give a fuck,
But some how I always let an apology slip away from my lips.
Could these apologies be seeking's
For forgiveness, but permission slips to sin again.

I'm smelling a familiar scent again.
It smells like tear drop scented lotion, but I often mistake it for the smell u smelled like on our first date.
You smelled like heart eating zombies casting Love Spells, forbidding that the love of two women should be called marriage, but a civil union.

I didn't ask to civil union you, I asked to marry you. So until America can find it in them to dig into their big bellies & dust off us dusty wools heads we'll still me Niggas asking for the right to marry.

Mary had a baby and named that baby Jesus, but Jesus had a father & we've taken his father out of our class rooms.

So this generation knows nothing more than bruised hearted apologies. Lathered in tear drop scented lotions, tear drop scented lotions are these serpents potions,
Those love spells, cause my tear ducts to make oceans.


No comments:

Post a Comment