Thursday, March 7, 2013

Creator of Laugh Lines.

These tears feel like their doing nothing more
than racing to see which one can fill the curves of
my laugh lines the fastest.

These tears taste like
God to kids that have
Forgotten what their reflection in a glass looks like.
And these tears have danced in the cracks of my eyelids so long
That I've forgotten what sleep
Feels like.

Tears.
Tears not only fall
from the faces of babies,
They fall from the faces of
Defeated mothers as well.
Tears, are thought to only praise dance in your eyes, reflecting
Sorrow;
but I know,
They have the ability to wrap
Around your vocal cords,
Stretch out your heart strings
And hold ya' heart hostage.

Tears can fall when
you've found what
your definition of true love
Really is. And I've had tears fall
When She has wrapped me
Up in pure ecstasy. She, is the
Forbidden tear jerkier.

Love has lied before too.
Seems to me that love
Has forgotten that it
Was pulled out of the depths
Of mommy's closet.

Tears fall faster than
the over 400
Soldiers that died in Iraq
And the close to 900 Soldiers
That died in Chicago these past years.

So you can't tell me
I'm weak when I cry because
There is strength
In my tears.
You try creating laugh
Lines for tears to race
Through. You created
these laugh lines
for my tears
to race though.
You're the creator of
The Laugh lines my tears
Have raced through.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, Positively Fantastic! I Love it, don't lose this voice!!!

    ReplyDelete