Thursday, January 31, 2013

I am a poem, my title is JAZZMINE

I am a poem & my title is JAZZMINE.
Not like Jasmine the flowers or Jazmine
from Aladdin, more like JAZZMINE the individual.

I'm someone that instead of having tons of friends
I'd rather crawl in between pages of notebooks
 & sleep in their lines.

I end all my signatures with a date & hide the
 rainbows in between the line on my hands.
That's why my hands are always in a fist next to
my mouth.

It strengthens me.

I'm a girl that talks to herself & calls it talking to God.
I talk to God.

I asked him a few questions, I'm still
waiting on a reply, I guess I'm too much of
a sinner for him to hear me.

I'm not sorry for walking on sun shine,
 I've got a pocket full of sunshine,
 I could lend a ray or two.

Sometimes I'm afraid to love in pencil because it might
wash off, love isn't something I just wash off.
That's why I write in ink.

So I'll fight for my marriage right for
all 50 states because I know,
there's a little boy & a little girl sitting
in a closet somewhere.

I am a poem & my title is JAZZMINE.
I'm not like the flower or the girl from
Aladdin , I'm JAZZMINE the individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment