Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Forgiveness

Tonight I caught a glimpse of the moon that rested in the sky's of Chicago & I asked myself could it be Gods smile?

And I wondered if you could see it from where you stood too.

But then, 6 bullets that all had gang names written on them cut into the silence I had on that night & it reminded me,

you couldn't see a moon & 7 stars because the smoke of Iraq was much similar to the gun powder that could not so easily be washed off of the scarce-fully beating

Hearts of 5 Grandmothers who'd have to bury their Grandson's this week.

And one bullet for the mother who'd have to bury her daughter.

I know, I know you didn't mean to kill them. Non of those bullets had their names written on them,

But their lives claimed them. Please explain your motives.

Is it that your heart is ill?

Or could it be that you never had a father to teach you what a real man looks like?

What paths does a real man follow?

You'd never know because the only "Real men" you know is the ones that don't know what a real man is.

So, how could America set criminals on T.V's & have them begging for our forgiveness when no one folded their hands & taught them how to pray before?

Don't ask for my forgiveness because personally I don't have a fuck to give about what justice does to you.

You didn't kill me, & good luck with getting 6 dead people to forgive you too.

Tell me how that conversation goes.

You scared the beauty of every moon out of me.

You even shot a poem into me.

And I pray you find who God is & talk to him a time or two.

But don't use your bible as cake, only for special occasions.

Use it as your bread, in jail it may be your last supper.

And I pray your soul rest peacefully for eternity for you have been granted forgiveness by God; because, man ain't got no haven or hell to put you in.

Tonight I caught a glimpse of the moon. I wondered if you could see it where you stood.

And I wondered if you ever questioned it to be Gods smile too?

Even though we're all sinners God smiles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment