Monday, November 12, 2012

My First "I love you" letter

I never wrote a "I love you" letter before so, I don't know how this should go; but I guess I'll just tell you straight up how I feel.
I never knew I could look at some one well, you; I never knew I could look at you and every second I feel my heart skip over my lungs 10 times and have it knock the wind out of my pipes.
I never knew that holding a sweater of yours drenched in the sweet smell of you could cause the smell or what I imagined to be the smell could linger on not just my clothes but my body and fill the air in my house.
And before i met you I didn't know I could be looked at as something much to beautiful to only be wrapped in finger tips & bed sheets. I didn't know I could be loved by anybody other than God.
You're not like everybody else. You don't wanna wrap me in your arms, rock me to sleep then act like you don't know me.
I love you because you wake up every morning and I feel the pulls of your smile from ear to ear. I feel the strings tugging on our hearts still reminding us that our feelings are paternal twins and that we'll always meet half way.
I know you're listening even when you're mad at me. And I know you care even when I pretend like I don't.
I love you.
I love you to the sun, then to the moon, threw the Milky Way then back to earth. I love you past the length of any lifetime and deeper than any sea.
I love you more than my life, my dogs life and I love you to life. And I will always love you for life.
I never wrote an "I love you" letter before so just like you were my first kiss, you're my first love letter.
And I sign it with my heart beat. So baby, I LOVE YOU.

1 comment: