Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sheldon

Who ever told you that mental patients don't deserve to be treated like human? Just because they have schizophrenic heart beats don't mean that their beat isn't worth dancing to. 
      They have just as much love in their sacrifice, upbeat tempo in they temples on a good day and they also know it's okay to be themselves. 
       Sheldon, they told you you'd never make it because of your stutters, your slurred speech & your irregular heart beat but, that beat taught me what being your best friend was really like. 
     That beat turned this world upside down & made earths rattles sound like a repetitive melody. 
     No one ever dared tell me we couldn't be friends because we were too different cause they knew, I'd razor blade bedazzle their jaws into an apology. I'd protect you without permission or recognition or even regret. 
       Sheldon, I'll march in any revolution & through the stoning of the sinless just to make sure America recognizes you human & their inhumanity. 
       Who said that people with mental desires can't be best friends? 
Sheldon is my best friend. 
   So, never feel sorry because we can't get on roller coasters together, I'll ride the Tea cups with you any day if it meant I could spare you the heart ache. I refuse to let you be defined buy the ignorance of the people and the preconceived notions of what it all means. 
      Sheldon you my homie. We taped daps & power claps when we were in the womb. Told the jokes off of bubble gum wrappers as if they were our own & called the same women mommy even though they weren't our own but, non of that mattered cause; even if forever never makes it to use you'll still manage to take the title of BFF. 
        Sheldon, even when you can't mumble the syllables of my nick name I'll always know when you're calling on me, we got that best friend telepathy. But, we're more like siblings and no one is great enough to be as great as you so even when you don't know yourself, never be afraid of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment