Sunday, October 27, 2013

Baby Sister

Life is the value of love after sunrise, 
The crooked smile in liars and the 
Stutters in my heart beat. 

 Life for me was wrapped up in you. 
With all of my body I knew you were
My only way to happy but, God
Knew greater than me. 

I loved you without a second thought.
Every heart beat I heard, I knew you 
Were mine but, God wasn't ready 
For me to be yours. I loved you before 
Noon every Sunday, when I should have been resting.

I cried for you every second you
Were gone and shielded my eyes 
From your ashes cause that's as
Close as I got to seeing you. 

I wonder what your eyes looked like. 
Is Your smile like daddy's or are you as 
Beautiful as mommy? Baby sister, 
I never spoke of you cause I was 
Afraid of missing you. 

I didn't even know there was a possibility 
Of missing someone I've never met,
I've missed your soft silhouette and curly 
Hair. 

I missed out on your entire hand
wrapped around my finger tips.
You were my world. My something 
I could have smiled at on lonely 
Nights. My baby doll and my 
beauty Queen. You are still my
Sister so, I pray for your soul
More than my own.

The ripples in my heart beat when ever
Momma speaks of you lets me know 
She misses you. 

Love after sunset is reserved for the
 ones  like you. The ones who never
Took a step but, constructed a ballet
In my spirit that spelled out your name 
Across my heart

Whenever I blink in the mirror, I see you.
Whenever I smell my palms, I breath you.

You are apart of me infinitely. 

You may not be bigger than an infant 
But sweetie, you are always my sister.

   Baby sister, I only dreamed of holding 
You. Holding you like I held God on
Sundays. 

Holding you like I held hot frying pans of
Anger. I hold you like shackles on a 
Prisoner, I am prisoner to your love
And this sentence never runs
Out. 

I may run out of breath when speaking 
Of you but, I'll never run out of love
When loving you. 

Loving you in pieces is better than loving 
You not at all, pieces of me still hang onto 
You even when there's no you to hang
On to. 

I painted your room yellow and put dolphins on your wall. I know that 
Combination isn't ordinary but, true love
And sisterhood now in days isn't 
Something that lasts forever, they 
End faster than your life could start. 

I guess our relationship will never be
Ordinary and, I'm okay with that. 

As long as you and I understand what 
This love means, we are the only ones 
Who matter. 

So baby sister, hold this here in your 
Heart: The sky shall always be Blue and 
Heavens gates shall always be White. 
Our love has been lead by the knowledge 
Of God so, there's no such thing as 
Suffering.

Your life are the ripples in my heart beat 
So, even with our breath, I'll always 
Wake up to you. 

Life is as beautiful as your could have
Been curly hair and silhouette. Even 
With out breath, you are still my love
Photo curtsy of @Syleecia
 (Dr.Syleecia Thompson)

1 comment: