Tuesday, June 4, 2013

No Such Thing!!!

Never ever convince yourself that there is a such
thing as a bad poem.
These poems are crumpled papers with the
elegance of legendary written on them.
They're the tells of Saturday night and
the jitters of Monday morning.

They're the stutters in my
Palms, the beating in my heart and
the tears of my pen.

These poems are my story.

One day my poems will reflect in the
eyes of a dope fiend and maybe I
can convince them to give up the dope
because the fiend found hope in
something a fifteen year old wrote.

And who's to say that wisdom comes
with education?

And it doesn't take Beyonce or a
rocket scientist to know that
1+1=2.

But it does take a wise man to get
a fool to listen.

See, we all want to point the finger
at the ones living in poverty for our
violence but, not one of us has stopped to
ask how did they get there.

We're always quick to blame the
economy and the Government but,
we forget to check our own
foolishness at the front door.

Have you ever balanced your check
book to see that it's not taxes running
your pockets dry but, it's YOU
overspending?

Have you ever looked yourself in
the mirror and been honest with
yourself? And I'm not saying
convincing yourself that you're
beautiful 'cause we all know that
on the inside we're beautiful.

But I mean honest to the point that we
 realize the we ALL have an UGLY day.

Whether it's our spirit or our hair,
we've all had an ugly day and; it's okay.
We can all write poems about it and
entitle it: "Today's my ugly day."

Because no poem is a bad poem.
This poem goes out to anyone who
believes that poetry can be taught and
believes that poetry has a format.

Whether it's freestyle of Haiku,

Every Poem Is Beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment