Thursday, June 6, 2013

We Got Lucky

He gathered himself at the 
foot of our bed. Putting on 
his shoes, left foot first, 
right foot last he didn't 
take anything with him 
& he left his last dollar 
on the night stand. 

Something told me in my 
spirit to go down to the liquor
 store & play his 4 Lucky numbers. 
7 as in heaven, 
8 as in Gods never late.
 6 as in the devil and 
Zero as in he never wins. 

He always said God had 
perfect timing. I saw him put 
on his coat and soar right 
out of our addict window but, 
he kissed me good bye and,
 I didn't even cry. 

We shared great enough 
memories to follow us both 
to heaven and back but 
before he left I asked him:

 "will you tell God about me? 
And what will you say when 
he ask what did you do 
with your life?" 

Because I know, I'd tell him I 
spent my life loving and 
fighting for you. He 
remaining the center 
of my heart but, you the 
center of my life. I'd say 
I spent my life with you. 

I'd gamble my last penny 
to kiss you again and 
I wouldn't ask for any moment back. 

We loved each other 
fearlessly, and we made 
love that lasted endlessly.
 You were more than my 
lover, you were friends 
with me. 

And I'd never compare 
thee to the enemy 'cause 
every part of you even 
down to your touch 
was the best ending 
to a fairy tail, 

Even though I don't 
believe in them, I do believe 
in you so, that night I saw 
you leave your flesh 
beside me but, gather 
your spirit at the foot 
of our bed. I knew, 

that even with out breath 
I could still wake up to 
you and that's gift enough. 

Our love was picked by 
the lotto, and 
we got lucky like 7's!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment