Monday, December 16, 2013

Love like Summer

We loved in the darkness during the day time. We finished. Then pulled the shades back and let morning reveal her self to us. We walked on somebody's ceilings but, called them our floors, much like I walked into your heart and left it Beat less. 
      
 You no longer have a heart beat so you beat on other women out of aggression you have for me.  

You didn't know it but, you beat my soul every night you said you loved me but, revealed the breast of another woman to your eyes much like summer rolled over next to you in bed & kissed you good morning. 
       
   I never knew what parts of me you never loved so I gave you all of me. I never hesitated to fight my longings for success because of you 'cause undoubtably you came second to my God only & third to non. 
        
Non of those things we wrapped ourselves in exemplified what love we had for each other. We danced in dawns windows to a melody that only the best of perfectionist in the orchestra could play along to. We wrapped ourselves in should have's, could have's, would have's but, we never did.  
        
We raised our children off of government cheese and wale fare pay checks. They thought we had love like James and Florida Evans but, non of our kids won the title of the Love child; cause I never loved you. Well....I never confessed to it. 

         You spit on me with "I love you's" but, danced with mistresses around our sanctuary. I never could live with out it. You kissed her then kissed the private parts of me & I never could have confessed to it. 

      I shut up and shut down. Washed myself with rags and crystals and if ever asked I never confessed to it. I walked on your heart like floors cause you loved me like I was your option. I loved you like summer in the winter time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment