Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Before I leave 2013 Dad you need to know......

Sometimes I'm afraid of what not having a male figure in my life can do to me. I'm afraid of what has happened and what could happen because I'm not protected.    
   
Sometimes I just want dad to be here or at least tell me the truth as to why he's not.
 
 My mother never kept you away, daddy you left. And I'm scared everyday because of it. Why can't you understand I'm your baby girl and I don't want you, I need you. Take away my scared.

      Warm me with your hugs, I sleep cold at night. Part of me is broken! I love you every day, even if you don't know it or know it and don't care.
   
       I cry every night, hell I'm crying now. Dad, where are you? My arms have never closed and never stopped accepting your pure or tainted heart.

      I just need you to do your part, or at the least pretend.

        I look just like you. Brown eyes and all. How could you walk away from a love so pure? So true? So real? Daddy I love you?

        I'm 15 sitting next to 7 year old Jazzmine. I asked her did she know why Daddy left??! Parts of you left when drugs became a factor and so did parts of me.

        Seven year old Jazz is nothing like me! Honestly she didn't even think about you! But now toys and TV can't hold my attention, I need my father to hold me.

       Tell me that my body is private, tell me to keep my pockets closed, head up and chest covered. Tell me I am Gods greatest treasure. Never let me doubt myself. I never let you doubt yourself. Through prayer I give you strength, do you stop to pray for me too?

         I don't want your money. I only want your love, any bit of love is perfect enough. How will I ever know how to love a man when you never showed me how to be loved by one?

        My sexuality could be an effect of my being lost. Daddy, come find me. Reassure me that I'm smart. Tell me about God and if you don't know him I suggest you read his book.

        I'm crying, come dry my tears. Dad I just need you. And even if you never see this, I forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment