Friday, August 23, 2013

Souls of Us

I wish I could just crawl
Inside my shell & convince 
Me that I'm pretty. 
   I wish rain didn't 
Knock upside my window cause
I'm convinced it's Gods cry.
I guess that's why it's
Called window pain. 
My head is always down 
cause I never
Knew of a such thing as 
Confidence, I guess the
Idea of that was completely 
insane. 
If I had confidence the 
World would swear
 up and down
That I was conceded but,
   I heard through the 
grapevine that my being 
Is  beautiful but;
I wish my heart would tell me
that. I'm not sure 
how long I'll allow myself 
to be susceptible to
the cat calls & whispers but,
My body's hallow, no sure 
of how to pick my battles;
I'd just rather not fight. 
   I've been okay with
Loosing far too long and
I'm not sure why I picked 
Today to win when yesterday
Was my first option. How about
I choose tomorrow? I know
It's not promised but, winning
Is still no guarantee. 
    I'm lost within myself. 
My mother swears I'm
My father but, my father is
Like God. I don't see him but,
I know he exist. I'm failing 
because I'm holding faith
In my hand but, I can't 
Find the direction to my heart. 
     This drug is a coping mechanism.
Roll my blunts & inhale the 
Venom, the pungent smell
Of disaster is the devils 
Play mate. Playing chess 
with my soul like he's 
already won. Check Mate. 
Lash my soul with 
Sinners but, you will not 
create a master piece out
Of me. 
     This poem is my souls 
Song to the heavens asking 
God is there still room for me. 
Cause my being should be for
The good of me. 
      I'm not sure which part of
This is me & which part of this
Is you. I just know, this is the
Souls of women every where. 
       Is this really true.?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment