Friday, May 3, 2013

Death, I miss you!

Death as in you're not here.

Deaf as in I can no longer listen to your heart beat.

Death as in you're no longer here.
But I swear in my heart I always got you.

I got you in Mind, Picture and Spirit, not body
because for as long as I shall live,
nobody can replace the body
I hugged, loved and curled up under on the
Pew in sunday school.

New school, old school, hey how's heavens school?
Are the work sheets lined with gold
and do you have a picture with God yet?

After 3years I'm still not sure how
I'm suppose to deal with your death.
Death as in you're not here.
Deaf as in I can't hear you
Scream, Scriptures, Scrapping
them from the bible.

I wasn't your GrandChild
but, I treated and loved you like
my GrandMother.
Y'all were best friends. You know,
I often catch her tears in my palms and
Wash my face with them.
Her longing for you made
me pray even
Harder that God will allow
post cards from heaven.

Death as in you're not here.

Deaf as in I can't listen to you sing in
the morning.

Death as in I'm missing you.

Deaf as in I don't want to hear my
Own voice cause, I still hear
the hallow that whistles from when
I lost you.
Death as in I miss you.
Grandmother I miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment