Friday, October 9, 2015

The Grendel in Adam

Your eyes cock to the side as I sit beside you. 

This bus rolls parallel to some city streets but, I can smell the Grendel of you in my sheets. 

You've never stepped foot in my house 

yet your breath is 1/2 as thick as God you still consist of dirt and beast. I can see the the ash in the folds of your hands. 

Your palms haven't matured yet, there is still work to do. You have to repair us before we are broken because I came from your rib and have been breaking my back since a child to make half you and half of my momma proud... I don't even know your name 

But I promise to not let my words be as beastly as your presence you sky scraper of a man, you stand towering over my 5 foot 3 frame like the liberty America's statue didn't depict as a black couple 

We are the start of this got damn planet because God started in the dark. I am yours Adam, or Grendel or... 

 I don't even know which to call you because you're every man I've ever imagined and wished to claw my honesty into their eye lids because they've only seen me as an evil bitch and didn't bother to ask why my face was so ocean in the morning time. Not even the Pacific is specific enough to fill the voids I reveal in my voice. 

My heart breaks before the day. I've watched you rise and set and rise and set you morning, I mean dynasty of a fellow.

And to think... When we were younger I wouldn't even give you a hello. And now I'm willing to thrust my heart in places it may not even want to fit. I apologize, Grendel, do you forgive me? Adam do you forgive me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment