Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Obsessed with the cold

Remember back when you was mad obsessed with me? Couldn't take your eyes off even sang and wrote poems for me. Now you acting different and I admittedly blame myself because I gave you a sniff of the ill nana and you was never worthy of a kiss. You are a clown, we can tell by your attire you've been real tired lately. Explanation as to why the hell you slept on me. Who gone write your songs now? You could never really sing because the weight of your jaws got in the way and my weight blurred your vision. Said I was too much to handle, yet you held onto my love handles like you loved it. Like you loved me. Like you had sworn to God to protect my virginity. I left for Virginia that spring break. Took up life on the hill for a week just to discover my power. I left it in your eye lids the night you ruled me fool. You no longer laugh at my jokes because they're all about you now. I've been the punch line for way too long. Remember when I said I'd never write a break up poem about you? Well, I kept my word-- you never were my boyfriend. Only a kid that played pretend in knitted hats and gloves that smelled of love. I was your obsession for a while... Then you left me out in the cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment