Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Loop

5 Colors, over 200 Train Cars and Millions of people that spirits hide in between these train tracks we call "The Loop." 

To my right I have a love story. The perfect match to my eyes but, to their eyes could be a shouting match every night. A couple of "I Hate You's" tangled in a mesh of uncertainties, the girls inability to find stability. I see a love story. 

In front of me is another love story. This one's clearly abusive. A big gray sweater attempts to deflect my eyes from this woman's battered heart but, from the lies under her eyes I see in her tears worry has thickened her eye brows. 

At night she tries to wash off the pain but, his apologies keep giving her black eyes & his venom dispensing mouth keeps saying that he loves her. 

I know it's all a lie but, here in The Loop you best keeping out of other folks business. 

The Green lines carts are lined with lies about Chicago. This is the inner cities long term responsibility. So why aren't the hearts of our people saved?. 

Red line's lined with 2 way tracks, a couple Gay bashers finding their way to Boys Town, 6 young girls trying to find where home is & a couple of gun shells that tripped over the cement I mixed with my feet when fourth of July escaped from a deranged mans gun. 

The Brown Line. Not too many brown people when I look in the window but, the brown line's a white mans escape from harmful thinking and the brown lines the line the Brown kids take when they wanna write about their dreams or escape the hood for a bit. But, the brown lines not my place to escape. 

Purple. Talk back to your pimp you'll look like the purple line. Bruised & beaten walls. Graffiti from head to toe, you don't want to ride the purple line alone 

Or you'll turn blue, I'm not sure where this line takes you but I know it's not to safety. 

These trains ain't nothing but a way to transport us around danger! 

The danger we hide in love stories, gray sweater and train tracks. 5colors. Over 200 train cars! This danger comes in loops, an on going circle. This danger is Chicago's Loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment