Sunday, July 21, 2013

Catch Me Here......

Catch me here like an
Unexpected cold. My
French Kiss 
Be your Thera Flu.

I'll lay in bed 
Next To You 
In danger of getting 
Sick of you 
Just to
Prove 
I'll always be there
For you.

Just saying it 
makes You listen.
But Proving it keeps 
Your attention.

As long as 
I'm down For you
I pray that you love me
With delicacy.

Be willing to Massage 
daffodils out of my
Spine after a long day
Of Dandy Lions. 

Promise me you'll hold me.

Hold this body that
Men before you said 
Was much too wave
To be held by arms 
As shore as yours. 

Even in the mist of 
Your sickness, when 
It's okay to be selfish;
Will you still call me in 
The middle of the night?
Just to hear me breath 
'Cause I'm much too
Slumber to bite into 
An "I Love YOU"

Will you Challenge the 
Truth behind my 
Purity ring? 
Will you get me to lust 
With you much too soon 
Because you think
I'm "Ea$y?"

Or will you 
respect my beautiful?

As dark and as poisoned 
As it may be, will you
On my death bed, 
As my Golden Sun-
Toasted skin
Turns black and blue,

Will you stroke my hair,
And whisper one last
"I love you" into the
Stem of my spine
And make my peddles 
Stand up?

Do you have the 
Cough drop kisses 
When my insecurities 
Wake up our Children 
During Christmas time?

If I be your sweet tea,
Can you be my Ginger-roots 
That enables me to muster 
Up the courage to testify 
On a Holy stack of Bibles 
Before God that I love you?

I'll always be here for you
Through Head aches,
 coughing,
Runny noses 
And 
Possible Tears 
And Fears. 

Even when you're sick in
Bed..................

I'll always be here with you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment