Sunday, March 2, 2014

Beast pt.2

I look at you and imagine a beast. But I am the beautiful. The red in your corvette which is really a bus card I gave to you. 
   
  You stumbled on my door step and demanded I mend you back to health. Heart all flustered I did it anyway. Jumped off of cliffs into hell for you and I still lost. 
     
  And all you said was "Sorry." Not even face to face, but through 
e-mail. I cried out your name in satisfaction, frustration, and even hope but I refused to put any of that feeling into my text back, so I didn't reply. I don't know how to be anything other than truth. 
     
     I could never get into the habit of lie like you. 

  I never could have lived knowing that I didn't share with you all of me, didn't know what you didn't love on me nor did I care. With out a care I gave you all of me. 
       
So beast, why'd the rhythm in your love change? Pressed against stone walls on winter nights you made an oven out of my back pockets. To the world our hugs appeared innocent. 
   
   And in a sense I believed it. 
  You be enough fiction to believe yourself. You look nothing like innocent so I never suspected your loving be good.
   
   I wrote about Beauty's kiss and the beast's transformation. Pushing away my gay I prayed you were Prince Charming. 
     
    Like truth in my heart, I'll be that missing punctuation, you need to finish your sentence when you're much too broken like dialect falling off lips from under developed countries. 

This affair hurts worse than 17 hours of labor and coming home with no baby, I gave birth to your heart prematurely. 
 
   Never imagined a soul I could tell, too afraid to be stoned by sinners. They threw stones and hid their hands when this earth to God is like glass houses, he saw everything. 

So pretend like you didn't love me all you want. 

God has seen, even I have seen you on the nights your speech was too drunken to witness me in the middle of your heart like drunk drivers, stop signs and oil slicked roads. 
      Everything about me said stop. But, you couldn't.  

Had all the signs, but you couldn't. 

Couldn't resist having me whole bodied 'cause part of me wasn't enough. 

     I traveled your heart like serpents on hallow roads, I am the beauty of your beast. We be like beauty and the beast. 

1 comment:

  1. Baby girl that's beautiful.
    Never stop writing....it's what you were put on this earth to do.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete