Tuesday, August 7, 2012

If I Exist...?


I'll write "I miss you" with stars & carve the moon to look like a smiley face just so your face can smile again.    
Every night I wait, & wait, & wait for a text message.
    And on some of those days I cry myself to sleep because everyday you are the 1st & last thing I think about. 
                     And to me your everything.      
        So I hate that theirs a chance you fall asleep and add me to your list of sweet little nothings. I hate that I exist in the shadows of that other girl, or maybe I don't exist at all. 
  But if I do can you smash a batch of freshly picked red roses and write my name in pollen across your heart, for I have already written yours. 
    Or can I kiss your forehead gently instead of all that rough making out. I'd like to take it slow.    
             If I exist in your pretty little world can I take you to a field if daisy's and hand feed you your favorite foods.   
     And then can I kiss you softly, look into your big brown eyes and hold your face in my palms & just admire your beauty one blink at a time?   
If this is too much for me to ask, can you just say "hello?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment