Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Henry Jamerson, a Chicago Biker

Henry Jamerson, 25, moved from North Carolina to Chicago while in the process of looking for work.

"I work as a biker.  Now I'm waiting for a delivery," Jamerson said on Michigan Avenue near the Chicago River.

A lot of danger goes into his job: there is risk of "running red lights, getting hit by a car, and I could ride so fast and fall off," Jamerson said.

For example, Jamerson said he was on his way to deliver a package when he, "slipped off of my bike and suffered a cut on my arm."

On another occasion, he got into an accident with a police officer: "He tried to use his powers to make it seem like (the accident) was my fault," Jamerson said.

Accidents are not his only worry. "Time and weather can be an issue," Jamerson said.
"I really enjoy my job but at times it can be stressful," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment